LONSURF may cause serious side effects, including:
- Low blood counts. Low blood counts are common with LONSURF and can sometimes be severe and life‑threatening. LONSURF can cause a decrease in your white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. Low white blood cells can make you more likely to get serious infections that could lead to death. Your healthcare provider should do blood tests before you receive LONSURF, at day 15 during treatment with LONSURF, and as needed to check your blood cell counts. Your healthcare provider may lower your dose of LONSURF or stop LONSURF if you have low white blood cell or platelet counts
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get any of the following signs and symptoms of infection during treatment with LONSURF: fever, chills, or body aches.
Before taking LONSURF, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have kidney or liver problems
Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. LONSURF can harm your unborn baby
- Females who can become pregnant should use effective birth control during treatment with LONSURF. Tell your healthcare provider immediately if you become pregnant
- Males, while on treatment and for 3 months after your last dose of LONSURF, you should use a condom during sex with female partners who are able to become pregnant. Tell your healthcare provider right away if your partner becomes pregnant while you are taking LONSURF
- Are breast‑feeding or plan to breast‑feed. It is not known if LONSURF passes into your breast milk. Do not breast‑feed during treatment with LONSURF and for 1 day after your last dose of LONSURF
Tell your healthcare provider about all the prescription and over‑the‑counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements you take.
The most common side effects with LONSURF include tiredness, nausea, decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and fever.
Tell your doctor if you have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea that is severe or that does not go away.
These are not all of the possible side effects of LONSURF. For more information, ask your healthcare provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.